If you're anything like me you've got tons of Halloween photos sitting on your memory card, hard drive, phone, or desk. It's a fun time to take photos, and it's great to get those photos into your scrapbook album. But what are you going to do with all the extras? How about making this easy Halloween brag book using the Envelope Punch Board and Envelope Notcher for grandma (or auntie, or neighbor). She'll love it.
|Visit the We R Memory Keepers blog to see the full post HERE.|
Here's how you can make one of these for yourself using the Envelope Punch Board and the new Envelope Notcher:
1) Start with two 12x12 inch sheets of double sided patterned paper. Trim one of them to 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches and make a 4x6 envelope with the punch board following the guide on the board. Use the Envelope Notcher to notch the top and bottom flaps. This will be the cover of your brag book.
2) Now trim the other 12x12 paper into two 12x6 inch blocks. Using the Trim and Score Board, score both of them at 4 inches and 8 inches.
3) Accordion fold both scored pieces of paper and adhere the two end panels together, overlapping them, to create an accordion folded piece of paper that is 20x6 inches long as seen below. These will be the inside pages of your brag book.
4) Adhere the far right panel to the inside of the envelope to attach the inside pages to the cover. To close the album, fold the pages and side flaps inside the envelope and interlock the notches on the top and bottom flaps. To open and view the album, gently pull apart the interlocking notches and unfold the inside pages.
5) Embellish the inside and outside of your album as desired. I recommend not adding too much bulk to the inside or the envelope won't close well and may tear.
6) Share the album with grandma, auntie, or whoever else you think may want to brag about your kids to their friends!
Enjoy sharing all those wonderful photos you took Friday night. Creative cheers!